Grand Canyon Caverns & Inn is a recreational resort located in northern Arizona. The caverns, created over 65 million years ago, are the largest dry caverns in the U.S. In addition to caverns tours, the property offers hotel rooms, restaurants, campgrounds, camper park, and hiking. As a tribally owned and operated entity of the Havasupai Tribe, the Grand Canyon Caverns & Inn prides itself on providing excellent service while maintaining cultural values.
Front Desk Manager
- Status: Full-time, non-exempt
- Pay Rate: DOE
- Opening: 11/2/23
- Closing: Open until filled.
Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, supervises the motel front desk employees who handle lodging reservations, check-ins, and payments. Ensures the front desk team provides outstanding customer service and operations run efficiently and accurately. Handles complaints, issues, disturbances, and special requests. Answers all questions concerning the Caverns and is able to give information to guests regarding the Havasupai Tribe. Ensures daily reports are correctly completed and submitted in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interact professionally with guests, tour groups, and staff in a calm, positive, and concise manner to provide outstanding customer service.
- Participate in weekly manager meetings.
- Verify daily cash drops and daily reports.
- Handle cash and credit transactions.
- Foster a team environment, multi-task efficiently, and maintain positive working relationships.
- Supervise front desk team, including training, coaching, and developing front desk employees
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Preferred advanced schooling.
- At least 2 years’ experience in hospitality or customer services.
- Prefer at least 1 year of leadership experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience with POS and PMS management and Microsoft Office programs.
Must have a driver’s license.
Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
Ability to work independently in a timely manner, ensuring work is done correctly and efficiently.
Ability to move freely throughout the indoor and outdoor property; lift heavy loads; stoop; bend.
Must be able to work varying schedules, split shifts, weekends, and holidays.