Tours & Cave Exploring
The Grand Canyon Caverns are the largest dry caverns in the United States, located 200 to 300 feet below the surface, and accessible via our exploration elevator. You enter and leave the caverns by means of this elevator, dropping 21 stories underground, making the caverns easily accessible. Because the caverns are so deep underground, the temperature is always constant, a mild 56 degrees, and there is zero humidity. The caverns offer a number of unique geological formations that can be easily viewed from our smoothly paved walking trails. The walking trails have hand rails and there is a number of benches for resting along the way.
We currently have 2 tours, our regular guided walking tour, which is 45 minutes long, covers 3/4 of a mile and departs every half hour, and our off the beaten path ‘Explorers Tour’ for the more adventurous. Please click here for our tour operating hours and contact us if you wish to do the explorers tour so that we can arrange the exclusive tour guide and equipment needed for this tour.
- Time & Length:
- 45 min. – 3/4 mile Description:
The tour begins with an elevator ride down 21 stories (210 feet) to the Chapel of the Ages cavern, the scene of numerous weddings throughout the years and large enough to hold two football fields. Your guide will tell you about the history of these awesome Caverns, including information regarding areas you will not visit. You will view Selenite and limestone crystals, our unique “winter crystals,” and Helecite crystals (a very rare form of Selenite). See the “teacup handles,” red-wall limestone, crystals and more.
*NOTE: The regular tour can be shortened to a guided 25-minute ‘short tour’ specifically designed for our guests who are short on time or who may not be physically able to participate in the entire walking tour (wheel chair accessible).
- Adults: $18.95 + tax
- Children(5 to 12): $12.95 + tax
- Time & Length:
- between ~2 and 2 1/2 hours Description:
- Experience cave exploration as it always has been. Based on your team’s abilities we will take you deep into the lower reaches of the Grand Canyon Caverns. There is no limit to our options, only how deep and dirty you are willing to get, and how many wondrous things you can stand to see. This fully guided adventure will go off the trail and into areas rarely seen and will change your thinking about this earth we call home. Cost:
- Adults: $69.95 + tax *Reservations are essential… we can supply all the rest !
- coming in the future… Description:
- In In the summer of 2013 we discovered a whole new set of giant caves adjacent to the current caverns. These caves have never before been seen by human eyes and offer an amazing experience. We hope to offer a new ‘Spelunking’ tour into these massive caves as soon as 2015.